SOUNDS OF OUR CITIES | OPEN CALL
Art Residency for 10 artists // Roeselare BE + Barcelona ES
Sounds of our Cities is an European project of Cultural Cooperation carried out between City of Roeselare, Dear Hunter, Aalborg University and Idensitat. It aims to explore urban areas, focusing on the locality, including local audiences and reflecting on cultural identity in relationship with the community. This open call for artists to participate represents the project launch.
The call is aimed at artists residing in Europe, with an interest in the proposed social contexts, in the proposed theme and in sound art.
Proposals must be sent in english
- 1200€ in fees (taxes included).
- Production costs or part of it will be covered. The budged will be evaluated and will be limited to fit the SoOC project.
- Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the organisation.
- A workplace will also be provided to develop the artistic project.
DOCUMENTATION TO SUBMIT
Proposals should be sent in digital format using the specific form, filling in each of the fields, and attached in a single document using PDF format (maximum 8 gigabytes), which must include:
- Proposal / pre-project: a written document defining the basic lines of the project (3-4 pages), indicating a methodology of work which takes into account the elements indicated above, and a budget.
- A maximum of 4 previous works and/or projects related to the proposal (adding images, videos, audios)
- Individual CV
- Contact details (name, telephone, email and postal address).
The call will be open until 31th of January 2020
> ACCESS TO APPLICATION FORM HERE
In accordance with these rules, projects will be selected by Idensitat as curator of the Sound of Our Cities’ project.
Roeselare - 18th of April to 7th of May 2020
Barcelona - 17th of October to 5th of November 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected works will be the property of the artists. Sounds of Our City partnership -City of Roeselare, Dear Hunter, Aalborg University and Idensitat- may reproduce and distribute, by means of on-line publications or in paper format, the whole or part of the programme, always citing the respective authorships, and will archive all documentation generated as part of this open call.
Sounds of our Cities is an European project of Cultural Cooperation co-founded by Creative Europe carried out between City of Roeselare (BE), Idensitat (ES), Dear Hunter (NL), Aalborg University (DK), and associated partners: Impact vzw (BE) - De Spil Cultuurcentrum (BE) - BOHM BOHM ROOM (SE) - Struer Tracks (DK) - Master Degree in Sound Art of Universitat de Barcelona (ES).